Reveal - Styling Tips
How to Reveal your property’s true value.
Tip: Art of Display
Turn a tired shelf, coffee table or mantel into a still-life masterpiece with styling techniques. Transform this area into the main feature of a room by choosing one of three basic treatments, each equally effective.
- Aside from the centrepiece, include two of everything and create the same set-up at either end.
- Display the mirror/art work in the centre of a mantel or leave the middle of the surface free of decoration.
- Keep the look simple with a couple of potted plants or lamps or dress it up with more ornate pairs of various heights.
- Use the offset technique when an artwork or sculpture has centre stage.
- Group a selection of smaller, similarly themed objects to one side.
- Avoid cluttering.
- Select pieces beautiful enough to stand alone.
- Choose odd numbers of objects.
- In a layered display, start with a neutral base then add colour.
- Be more daring with colour if the display has only a few items.
- Use an odd number of at least five to seven items.
- Keep the textures and tones harmonious. Soften hard lines with branches or flowers.
- Make the centre of the display the focus by clustering objects in the middle.
- Add a twist by creating a theme. For example colour or shape.
Tip – this technique is fail-safe when the objects have a solid background and are arranged on a shelf or surface in front of a wall.
Keep up to date with our Newsletter
Enter your details below to receive our monthly Newsletter.
Why Choose Us
To achieve a custom high-end price and a quick sale we must match the task with custom high-end styling and a competitive bidding environment. Simply get in touch with us today to learn what we can do to sell your home.